Energy and Environment
Energy, Environment and Regulatory Affairs*
Goal: Promote market-driven solutions to reduce energy costs
The Kansas Chamber supports efforts to maintain a comprehensive energy policy that balances a diverse portfolio of energy sources and technologies, and will:
- Avoid picking winners and losers among energy sources and technologies.
- Support incentives for businesses to voluntarily utilize energy more efficiently versus penalties and/or mandates.
- Oppose mandates and policies that increase business costs when sourcing energy.
- Support efforts to limit or block Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) regulations which overreach and impose undue expense and regulatory burdens on Kansas businesses and industries.
- Support review and reform of current rate-making policies and processes to ensure fairness and equity among ratepayer classes.
- Promote the development of market-driven energy technologies.
*Both a Federal and State issue